- Keep your head bowed; you are not higher, better, or wiser than any other being, or than Hashem.
- Keep what you do to yourself (good deeds), and remain silent when you are spoken to abusively.
- Serve Hashem from your heart and soul rather than from logic and social pressure.
- Make Hashem into your best friend.
- Treat people the way you would like to be treated.
- Don’t busy yourself in news, nonsense, fashion, etc.., rather tune into your surroundings and seek to give.
- Listen more than speak.
- Appoint yourself a Rav.
- Get close to a Tzaddik. Or at least try to reflect his good deeds.
Wednesday, December 19, 2012
The Simple Jew
WHAT DOES IT MEAN TO BE A SIMPLE JEW?