Wednesday, December 19, 2012

I Just Wanna Go Home


When she was born, her parents used to say
What a sweet child, she’ll become great one day
But as the years went by, her innocence faded away
There was confusion, so much pain, that got in the way

They were angry, she was sad
She tried to find the good, they told her she was bad
It turned into a fight between a girl and the world
Yet, somewhere deep inside her, a voice could be heard
Saying

I, I just wanna go back home
I lost my way, I thought I knew where I was going
But I, I realize that I, I just wanna go back home

back to the beginning, back to where I’m running from,
I need direction, send me a sign, show me the way back home

When she was born, her Creator did say
What a sweet nation, they’ll become great one day
But as the years went by, our innocence faded away
There were differences, so much foolishness that got in the way

Generations, so many legacies
They fought their enemies, so we can be
But  then it turned into a fight between Jewish brothers
Yet, somewhere deep inside, amongst the hatred and the pride
A nation’s voice could be heard
Saying

I, I just wanna go back home
I lost my way, I thought I knew where I was going
But I, I realize that I, I just wanna go back home

I know it looks like I want to be here, but it’s just cuz I make it seem that way
Nobody wants to be so far from home, no one ever wants to be so alone,
We’re coming back coming home, tell the world we’re coming home
Trying to follow the stepping stones to guide us home

V’shavu Banim Ligvulam

1 comment:

What did you think of this post?