Sunday, December 23, 2012

Sparks


So many roads I’ve travelled
So many sights I’ve seen
Which ones will last forever
Which ones can make me me
I’ve searched and searched but could not find
The one that gives me peace of mind
Sometimes I throw my hands up in despair
Feels like I’m going nowhere
But deep deep down somewhere
A spark is lit inside my soul
Just waiting to be ignited
Waiting to make the broken whole
All my life I’ve been told lies
I believed the stories nobody buys
I let myself down ignoring my strengths
Gave in to my weaknesses refused to change
Now what am I left with, a broken heart, a lost soul
Who would’ve believed when I was born
This all was destined to be
Who could understand the hurt, the pain
The flashbacks coming again and again
But I know that deep deep down somewhere
A spark is lit inside my soul
It’s waiting to be ignited
Waiting to make the broken whole

No comments:

Post a Comment

What did you think of this post?